Maria D. Stromple
Partner, CPA, MST
Maria has more than 30 years of public accounting experience servicing closely-held businesses in manufacturing, real estate, wholesale distribution, transportation/logistics, insurance, and technology industries.
Her diversified experience includes federal and multi-state compliance and comprehensive strategic tax planning for businesses and individuals. Prior to joining Wilke & Associates, LLP in 2020, Maria was a Partner and Firm Wide Tax Director for Herbein + Company. She also spent 20 years at Schneider Downs and as a Tax Director, she led the high net worth individual and family office practice group. Maria has earned her master’s in taxation from Robert Morris University and an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Duquesne University.
Maria has participated in numerous acquisition and divestiture teams providing business owners with tax strategies for structuring transactions. Maria has assisted business owners in obtaining valuations and preparing purchase price allocations. Maria has worked closely with attorneys in evaluating tax matters and language for partnerships, equity awards, sales, and merger agreements.
Maria’s experience also includes working with executives regarding tax planning, executive compensation tax benefit planning and modeling implications for stock options, charitable gifting, and the execution of effective tax strategies.
• Maria is a Member of the American and Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
• She is the Corresponding Secretary and Continuing Professional Education Chair for the Allegheny Tax Society (ATS).
• Mentor for the Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence (IEE).
• Maria is a member of the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Women and Leadership Council (WLC).
• Maria has conducted technical training programs, is a public speaker for professional organizations, and is a tax blog writer.