December 30, 2016
2017 New Year Tax Planning Newsletter
New Year 2017 Tax Planning Newsletter
It’s time to call Wilke & Associates, Pittsburgh’s leading CPA Firm for 2017 New Year Tax Planning!
As 2017 Tax Planning begins, the following issues should be considered:
- Tax reform is a strong possibility. Individual, business, and estate tax rules are under consideration.
- The Affordable Care Act has a high probability of being revised in many ways.
- The bonus depreciation rate of 50% for qualified property is still in effect for 2017.
- There is an increased possibility of claiming a larger home mortgage deduction with someone who is not a spouse.
- Section 179 Threshold will increase slightly.
- Partnerships with fewer than 100 partners can opt out of new audit rules for 2017.
Some due dates to watch:
- Form W-2: January 31
- Form 1099-MICS: January 31
- Partnerships and LLC’s: March 15
- C Corporations: April 18
- Foreign Account Reporting: April 18
Our motto at Wilke & Associates is Plan, Budget, Succeed. We urge you to call your Wilke tax professional today at 412.278.2200 and make an appointment . We want you and your company to begin the New Year with a plan and budget to succeed.
Read our current newsletter at Year End Tax Planning Newsletter 2017.